Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Insufficient Privileges??? Users can not see VisualForce Page??

Hi.. Welcome back:
I ran into a scenario where there was a VisualForce page created with a controller and added onto the Page Layout.
Now I as an admin I can view the VF page on the page layout I placed in on...
But when I logged into as an User I could not view the page...
The Answer to this
page level security access on their profile to this VFpage

To accomplish this do the following:
1. Go to the Setup | Develop | Pages

You will see The Following:

Notice you have a Link that states Security... Click on it.. It will take you to the Page Level Security Page.

Select the Profile from the Left side and click the Add button and click save.
Now you have given Page Level Security to The Profile Added.
***Note: This gives the Access to this VF Page only, each VF Page is independent.. So if you like to give access to more VF Pages then you must repeat the steps for that Page.. ***
Hope this helps
Thanks
Check out my Other Salesforce.com Blogs
Salesforce Made Easy

Salesforce Data Migration Made Easy
eTechCareers.com Coming Soon

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for this!!!!!!!!!!! You just saved our partner portal!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Thumbs up. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a TON!!!! Really appreciate your sharing this. Saved us time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspite of giving access I still get the error. basiacally my Changepassword page is giving the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, sir, have just saved me half an hour of head-scratching and annoyance. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was the security setting moved in Winter 14? I cannot find it! Help??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfecto, I did the same for Class but forget to update for VF page. Thanks your post helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh man. you rock. you saved my lot of time. Thanks a ton.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was SO Needed! Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you sir, saved me from doing overtime

    ReplyDelete